Tell me something
- Have you ever felt that you have reached a plateau in your career ?
- Read the pragmatic programmer and couldn’t get enough of it ? or wanted a follow up to it ?
- Felt stuck ? Reached a stalemate ?
- Had great many plans but never really completed them ?
- Knew there is something better but did not know how to reach it ?
- Wanted to get better, just did not know how to ?
Well I can with 100 % confidence tell you the answer to all these questions and more is reading the book ‘Pragmatic Thinking & Learning : Refactor your Wetware‘ -by Andy Hunt .
In this book Andy shows us
- Why the brain works as it does?
- How to move beyond beginner level performance to expertise ?
- What are our cognitive biases or bugs in our brain and how to overcome them?
- How to learn deliberately ? (learning that sticks).
- How to harvest your ideas and insight ?
- How to stay sharp and why is it important ?
- and so much more.
As I was reading the book I could already see changes in me and my performance (not that kind). I can honestly tell you this book has helped me.